Monday, June 16, 2008

Another batch goes thru


What a weekend! Two days of shows for my aerial classes as part of the mid-year workshops showcase. Saturday night my young ones performed (pictured here) and last night my older ones went on. Both classes did brilliantly and I couldn’t be prouder of their efforts. But the kids went on last each night so I’ve just had to endure two days of five hour waits with constant “when are we going on?”, and “how much longer?” The older ones were happy to keep themselves amused; chatting excitedly amongst themselves, but the younger one’s required a bit more input to keep them settled while they waited. The rehearsals always make me worry but each class pulled off their acts almost seamlessly in the end when the pressure was on.

So this signals the end of teaching for me until next semester and it now becomes all about me – so nice to be able to say that. A member of my performing troupe, who is usually very cool in the weeks before our shows, reminded me tonight of how many weeks we have left before it’s showtime for us. I don’t really feel stressed about it just now as I did a run-thru of part of my act this week and surprisingly I managed to pull it off quite nicely. It was a surprise to me as I honestly haven’t done any pre-show training, it’s been more so just for maintenance of strength and fitness. End of July is when the pre-show training officially starts, it’s also when the kid’s classes start up again. I’ve already been asked to do some school holiday sessions but I think I’ll pass and use these few weeks to get myself fit and ready for Melbourne!

No comments: