Monday, October 20, 2008

Back in training

Yes! It was good news, my fracture was well on the way to healing and I was allowed to start walking. My calf and thigh was pretty wasted and my ankle was stiff. That was one week and 6 days ago. Walking was very difficult at first but taking those first steps without my crutches gave me such a good feeling. It took me a few days to get over my instinctual reaction of reaching for my crutches to get up and walk around. Right now I've still got a slight limp but my walking has improved heaps and seems to get better everyday. I've been warned to hold of the full return to activity for another 4 weeks. I'm even doing the annual Pedometer Challenge and I can see how my steps over the days have progressively increased as I've improved.

So I've started back at circus again, training two nights a week and teaching two nights a week. I'm just about to head off to do some laps in the pool. I haven't exactly got a show to train for at the moment but things tend to pop up without much warning so it's good to keep fit and conditioned so that I'm prepared for anything!

No comments: