Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Almost back to normal


This is how my foot looks now. It's slightly deformed at the fracture site as it's raised and rounded (shown here where my hand is holding). I thought it was swelling but it's still quite raised.

Last week I finally starting walking normally. I usually walk down the city to buy my lunch and one day I found I was able to transfer weight across my full step. It was such a great moment for me to be able to walk normally again. I had the biggest grin on my face - I must have looked as though I was up to mischief as I walked down the mall. It was a mixture of relief and excitment. I had read about complications with this type of fracture and people having ongoing issues and pain on walking. But now I'm virtually pain-free. I don't have to walk behind everyone anymore and have people actually overtake me, I'm back to being the one that does the overtaking!

I've been training for two weeks now and tonight I attempted a full length routine, I'm definately out of shape. It's amazing just how quickly the body deconditions! I think I only have a few more weeks that I can use the 'foot' as an excuse with my students for not being as fit as I was two months ago.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I've tagged you in a bit of blog fun - hope you can play along!!