Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So long since my last blog!

There's just been so much happening I completely forgot about my blogging space. I think I was in the zone when I was writing regularly since I had so much to report on regarding circus.

Anyway I've got something new in my life - triathlon! It's fantastic. Well I haven't actually competed in one yet but I'm spending a fair bit of time training. At the moment I'm aiming for sprint distance: 750m swim/20km ride/5km run. I haven't been able to work too solidly on the run bit as I've only just reached the point where my foot fracture is supposedly healed enough for me to do any impact activity like road running.

So this is my new toy - an Avanti Corsa road bike and I love it! It makes such a difference to ride a bike designed to go fast. I'm a complete biking convert - I even spend my spare time checking out the bike parts websites, what a nerd!

So stay tuned for both circus and tri updates. I did my first aerial circus training for the year tonight and it made me realise just how conditioned one needs to be to do this stuff! I resume aerial circus teaching tomorrow night. After training tonight it makes me think I should take it easy on my poor students!

No comments: