Thursday, August 21, 2008

4 days to go!

Show time comes around so quickly. I realised that we only have a few more days before it's time to go on. Our director is running around madly trying to follow through each of the performers with their routines. Half of our training is happening in our circus hall, the other half at our local gymnastics club where we have a sprung floor and full sized trampolines.

At this point I'm in two acts - a fire routine and our tissu routine. The band and director still want me to do an acrobalance routine with them but I still haven't rehearsed with them so it may not happen. We still have three nights of rehearsals but I'm confident that the acts I'm involved in will happen without any problems. The aerial equipment is going in the night before the show and we'll have one night to rehearse in the venue. It's so important to have the opportunity to train in a new space because it can play tricks with your head. We have to get familiar with the roof height, the forward space and the space around us. Last year I had the added difficulty of a short drop area underneath me plus big gusts of wind blowing my tissu around below. It's going to be so good to be able to perform in a closed area!

No comments: