Monday, July 14, 2008

Annual training intensive


I've just got back from Melbourne after another week long training program at Circus Oz. It was a fantastic week, averaging about seven hours of training a day. Boy were we sore by day three - even the youngest within the group were suffering. But it was all worth it and again reinforces the need to live in Melbourne to be able to advance my skills in circus.

During the week I did sessions in acrobalance, tissu, german wheel, handstands and tumbling. I didn't escape injury free again, sore neck after a fall, bruises over my legs from the wheel and my knee is playing up after taking a hit. Our trainers were mostly Circus Oz and NICA performers and they were all extremely talented and inspirational. I learnt so many new things to take home and practise and I've been inspired to get back into hand balancing. Our group contained six out-of-towners (pictured here doing our version of a 'group photo') and we practically lived at Circus Oz over the week. I even managed to see Circus Oz's current touring show. It was absolutely fantastic, the skill level of some of the performers could have outshone the Cirque Du Soliel crew!

No comments: